Some key takeaways from the article include:
- Start with keyword research and then build your content around your keywords.
- Make sure the title, description, and meta tags for each page are relevant to that page.
- Don't publish a site with "under construction" pages and little content.
- If you are going to use a blog to generate content, make sure you have a good writer who can post frequently and that these posts will help contribute to the goals of the website.
- Get Google's help. Google offers Google Webmaster Tools.
- Create a XML site map.
- Use web analytics!
- Use external blogs and social bookmarking sites to link to your site.